Sunday, March 12, 2006

New Horror on Bangkok Streets

Sitting in Bangkok traffic I heard the boom of loud pop music. Usually a pick-up truck with open windows is the source. To identify more easily I lowered the car window and got the full blast of "music" from a motorbike - as if the wretched things don't emit enough noise, a new horror is added. I could see that the source was an ipod fixed to the front handlebar but could not identify the powerful amplifier and loud speakers. However, I have checked that such awful devices exist in full stereo and can amplify sound from any Walkman like device.
The motorbike zigzagged away through the traffic spreading its awful sound for all to hear. As if our streets do not have enough noise pollution already. As if this ghastly pop music is the favoured sound of all the world. As if we have no redress against this new assault. Next one I hear I will remember to record the licence plate and see if anything can be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home